Imaginary Forces is a creative company with studios in Los Angeles and New York City. We are currently looking to fill a Desktop Support role for the Los Angeles office. The position will provide frontline helpdesk support for a 40-50 person, fast-paced studio as part of a bi-coastal team. You will work closely with all levels of the company to resolve technical issues in a timely and efficient manner. This position is entry to mid level and will report to the Director of IT.
• Effectively handling customer and user troubleshooting in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Maintain workstations (including desktops and laptops) in a manner consistent with standard operating procedures.
• Image, install, deploy, manage, and support hardware, software, plugins, email, phones, peripherals, conference rooms, and other user-related operations.
• Administer user accounts, machine configurations, and system inventory.
• Troubleshoot all hardware and software issues (including creative software).
• Assists Senior IT Staff with complex issues, analysis, and initiatives
• Monitor and manage CGI render pipeline.
• Be available for after hours and on call support.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot technical issues (software and hardware)
• Prior helpdesk experience supporting Mac OS environments.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows.
• Knowledge of production or post-production workflows
• Strong communication skills with excellent customer service.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• 2+ years experience supporting a video production or VFX environment.
• Expert Mac OS Knowledge (Apple Genius experience preferred)
• Basic understanding of Active Directory and IP networking.
• Familiar with Unix / Linux operating systems.
• Familiar with Deadline Render Manager or similar software (Render wrangler preferred).
• Experience with media applications such as Adobe Suite, Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4D, Nuke, Etc is strongly preferred.
If so, please click below to apply.
No phone calls, please. No recruiting agencies please. Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to reply to each individual applicant. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.
Thanks for your interest in Imaginary Forces!
Thank you for your interest in Imaginary Forces. We at Imaginary Forces are returning your submission unopened. We have not looked at, copied or reviewed your material. Imaginary Forces has a policy against unsolicited idea submissions. Unfortunately, neither Imaginary Forces nor any of its employees can accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including, without limitation, ideas for new TV shows, films, webisodes, scripts, advertising campaigns, new promotions or any new materials or products. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas in any form to Imaginary Forces.
The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when IF’s productions or materials might seem similar to ideas submitted to IF. If, despite our policy, you send us unsolicited creative suggestions, ideas, notes, scripts, concepts or other information in the future, you agree that the following terms shall apply to your submissions.
TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION
You agree that: (1) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of Imaginary Forces, without compensation to you; (2) Imaginary Forces may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; (3) there is no obligation for Imaginary Forces to review the submission; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.