Main Title for Netflix
The space cowboy is back! Netflix premiered their highly anticipated live-action adaptation of the cult classic anime show, Cowboy Bebop. Jam-packed with stylized footage and classic Bebop motifs, the opener pays homage to the original while giving a twist on the retro-graphic film-noir language that is the hallmark of the show.
what we did
If there’s one thing that defines the Cowboy Bebop main title, it’s ‘Tank’ by Yoko Kanno. Cut to the iconic track from the timeless anime, our revamp merges stylized live-action and animation with fan-favorite imagery and Japanese typography. Challenged to echo the original but thrilled to tease out new visuals, we borrowed saturated colors, split screens, and spaceships to introduce the trio of bounty hunters, their oddball enemies, and one very cute corgi. Join in on the action of Cowboy Bebop streaming Nov.19 on Netflix.
- creative director: karin fong
- designers/animators: james gardner, kiyoon nam, merrill hall, kathy liang
- editor: lexi gunvaldson
- design interns: anna chen, kayley wang, kelly stoia
- additional compositing: charlie proctor
- producer: steve garfinkel
- coordinator: jackson kerr