Identity rebrand for Marvel Studios
After designing the original 10 years earlier, Marvel asked us to refresh their theatrical logo. Premiering in front of “Thor: The Dark World” it was Marvel’s first independent studio logo.
what we did
The main challenge was to retain the feel of the original flip book animation while elevating it to the next level. To give it more dimension and weight, the logo was recreated in 3D stereoscopic and combined with hundreds of images from the Marvel archives.
way back then...
In 2002, Marvel Enterprises asked us to design an animated film logo that would debut in front of the first Spider-Man. View the 2002 Marvel Studios Identity below.
- director: charles khoury
- producer: keith bryant
- designers: tosh kodama, my tran, henry chang, dan meehan,
eric demeusy, lisa chen, nicole choi, joan lau
- animators: thomas mcmahan, gary hebert
- compositor: thomas mcmahan
- editor: yuhei ogawa
- assistant editor: alex frankel
- design pa: wes yang
- inferno artist: eric mason
- flame artist: rod basham
- coordinators: joseph abou-sakher, nicole zschiesche, dominick guglielmo
- head of production: claudina mercado
- executive producer: ben apley