Main on End Title Sequence for Netflix
Dreams run rampant in our credit sequence for Slumberland, an epic fantasy on Netflix adapted from the classic Winsor McCay comic strip. In a whimsical world of wonder, Nemo (Marlow Barkley) joins forces with a larger-than-life outlaw (Jason Momoa), to embark on a wild quest to see if her greatest wish would be granted.
what we did
When Director Francis Lawrence tapped us to create the end title sequence for Slumberland, you could say it was a dream job. Tasked to depict the continuing shenanigans of Nemo and Flip, we hint at their limitless adventure across a dynamic nocturnal landscape. Building upon the film’s sophisticated visuals while nodding to drawings from the original “Little Nemo in Slumberland,” we dive into an antique map that guides the night’s journey. Taking dreamers on a ride through a series of dimensional scenes, pop-up paper sculptures and magic lanterns, we soar through the night sky, infinite doors, jungles and so much more. From backlit silhouettes to intricate laser cut dioramas, we drift into a sea of surrealism where your greatest wish is only a slumber away.
- creative director: karin fong
- art director: henry chang
- designers/animators: alex rupert, russ gautier, jesse jones
- designers: rob slychuk, kathy liang
- illustrators: lindsey mayer-beug, daae kim, ella lee
- animator: merrill hall
- editor: lexi gunvaldson
- design interns: alan jiang, wei chung, joie sui, christian arnsparger
- storyboard artist: tyler gibb
- senior producer: nicky maser
- coordinator: megan catoe