The Wheel of Time
Main Title for Amazon
Based on Robert Jordan’s best-selling books, Amazon’s TV series adaptation of ‘The Wheel of Time’ is the first of its kind. In a world where having hope gets you far but magic gets you further, our title sequence sets the tone for the enduring fantasy saga.
what we did.
When showrunner Rafe Judkins asked us to design a main title that would introduce the fantasy series to the screen, we embraced the idea of weaving themes of magic and matriarchy into the opening. Starting with the breaking of the world, a single strand of horizon snaps, bursting into an array of jewel-toned threads as they layer into a loom of cosmic scale. Within our concept of a vast tapestry, power is channeled and patterns emerge. The seven Ajah colors of the female Aes Sedai entwine before the image unravels to reveal our reimagined logo: an endless serpent spiral. And so “The wheel weaves as the wheel wills…”, all to begin the cycle again. Transport into The Wheel of Time’s epic adventure, streaming now on Amazon Prime.
- creative director: karin fong
- designers/animators: russ gautier, henry chang, jake ferguson
- designers: brandon savoy, frederic colin
- animators: danil krivoruchko, merrill hall, brandon lester
- editor: zach kilroy
- compositor: martin karlsson
- flame artist: rod basham
- logotype designer: isabell hacker
- illustrator: ella lee
- design intern: ailis o’reilly
- producer: renee robson
- development producer: rachael cohen
- coordinator: jake kirk