93rd Academy Awards - Oscars
Graphics Package and Promo for ABC
The Oscars promo was based on an illustration by Temi Coker. Translating Coker’s illustrated Oscar statue into a 3D mixed-media space with varying realistic textures and simulations of paint exploding. The aesthetic and motion design language of the launch promo was then extended into the graphics package and promotional toolkit for the ABC telecast.
what we did
We developed a visual system for the live virtual event and accompanying marketing elements. We took a stark departure from the typical moodier aesthetic of years past and surprised viewers with a lightness and funky eclecticism that felt uniquely modern and culturally relevant.
- creative director: alan williams
- producer: jj gerber
- dp: christian haberkern
- art/design: temi coker
- 2d animators: alexis lim, miguel delcan
- 3d animators: nick woythaler, charlie proctor, patrick arrington, jose checa
- compositor: coche gonzalez
- editor: danielle white
- based on artwork created by temi coker
- coordinator: jake fritz
- head of production: melody alexander