SXSW Gaming Awards 2017
2017 SXSW Gaming Awards Open for SXSW Festival
The open for the 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards is equal parts gaming hardware, NASA’s space photography, retro sci-fi book covers and Kubrick’s 2001. The open premiered as part of the annual SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas.
what we did
The familiar video game components we placed into the planet were rendered to be photoreal and monumental next to the astronauts to create a sense of wonder and planetary discovery. A time-lapse shows the excavation of the show’s 20-sided die logo, brought to life with massive RCA cables. Anticipation for the event pays off with an astronaut dance party as the die floats into space and forms the show’s title.
Check out the behind the scenes video below.
- creative director: jeremy cox
- art director: max strizich
- designers: jeremy cox, max strizich, amy wallace
- 2d animators: nathan goodell, isabell hacker, daniel blanco
- 3d animators: jeremy cox, max strizich, hogan williams, henry chang, paolo cogliati
- editor: rachel ambelang
- audio: nacwin music
- head of production: aleen kim
- executive producer: jon hassell