SXSW Gaming Awards 2015
2015 SXSW Gaming Awards Open for SXSW Festival
To kick off the Gaming Awards ceremony, Director Jeremy Cox and his team created an opening sequence that traces the history of video games, from the iconic PONG through modern day titles.
what we did
We went retro, picking up a macro lens and shooting blips and lines on vintage TVs and monitors. These simple shapes, coupled with smart sound design by editor Zach Kilroy, took the audience on a nostalgic journey through decades of video games.
We came back in 2016 & 2017 to continue our collaboration with SXSW Gaming Awards. Check out the behind the scenes below:
- creative director: jeremy cox
- producer: jon hassell
- designers: max strizich, kris fortin
- 2d animators: sekani solomon, hayato yamane, henry chang
- editor: zach kilroy
- additional editor: nate buchik
- sound design: zach kilroy
- executive producer: gabriel marquez