Brand Partnership Campaign for IMAX
Temperatures are rising with the anticipated release of Dune on IMAX. The classic science-fiction novel takes on the big screen and IF created the theatre placement for its epic debut.
what we did
IMAX wanted something different, and IF delivered. Ditching the concept of depicting the characters within the design, we heated things up with a weighted IMAX logo in the desert. We used 3D traditional matte painting and Houdini particle effects to create a static image while conveying movement and depth. With its warm tones and ambiguous glowing light that symbolizes hope for a new world, we merged mystery and magic to elevate the excitement for an experience that’ll have viewers blown away.
- creative director: anthony gibbs
- designer: james gardner, jake ferguson
- compositor: lior weiss, joshua bolin
- 3d artists: scott bell, matt johnson
- matte painter: jason dunn, jason pethtel
- head of production: ryan burcham
- producer: renee robson
- coordinator: jackson kerr