Emmy-winning Main Title for AMC
It began with a short but powerful creative brief from showrunner Matthew Weiner: a man walks into his office, places his suitcase down, and jumps out of the window. A dreamlike loop of events that said nothing about Mad Men yet summarized it perfectly.
what we did
Mad Men isn’t just a show about advertising in the ’50s and ’60s, it’s about American life and culture, and selling the American Dream. The ads featured alongside the main character in the iconic falling scene are all original art, making it feel as if the main character is trapped within the world he was creating, plummeting towards his demise, or salvation, depending on how you look at it.
Over the show’s eight year run the sequence inspired a legion of parodies and tributes. The Mad Men Mashup is our homage to these homages.
- directors: mark gardner & steve fuller
- producer: cara mckenney
- designers: jeremy cox, fabian tejada, joey salim
- animators: fabian tejada, jason goodman, jeremy cox, jordan sariego
- editor: caleb woods
- coordinator: michele watkins
- executive producer: maribeth phillips