Graphic System for MGM+
At the height of Hollywood’s most iconic era of moviemaking is the expansive library of MGM. We had the honor of reimagining an iconic trademark in entertainment, Leo the Lion, transitioning MGM and Epix into MGM+ for its debut in the world of streaming.
what we did
We brought on AFX Creative to digitally mold Leo for his debut. Frame by frame, we honed the reverence of the Leo we all know and love with gold particles as our guide. Connecting the EPIX brand with MGM, the particles and ribbon served to speak the language of elegant, premium content like never before. As the audience gets a front-row seat to the motion pictures to come, our toolkit, hero IDs, backgrounds, lower thirds, and bumpers transport a global audience into a whole new dimension of Leo. Now that Leo is out in the wild world of cinema, who knows where he’ll end up in the evolution of the MGM brand.
- creative director: ronnie koff
- art director: ronnie koff, elizabeth steinberg
- animators: christoph gabathuler, ilya tselyutin, henry chang, scott bell, alex rupert, charlie proctor, blaise hossain
- copywriter: josh chesler
- producers: nicky maser, jordan sharon
- coordinator: megan catoe
- vfx partner: afx creative