“Every whir and click of the microfilm reader widens the web, as the line between conspiracy theorist and intelligence analyst is blurred in Imaginary Forces’ title sequence for AMC’s Rubicon.” – Art of the Title
what we did.
Infrastructure, intelligence, pattern recognition, mystery, urgency — these were the words that led the winning pitch for Rubicon. We started with the idea of being in the character’s head, entering the story through the physicality of information: moving diagrams, microfiche, redaction, and finally… the iconic yellow line.
- director: karin fong
- producer: cara mckenney
- designers: karin fong, theo daley, jeremy cox
- animators: jeremy cox, andrew chung, j.j. johnstone
- editors: jordan podos, caleb woods, adam spreng
- design assistants: daniel farah, leo marthaler
- coordinator: emily nelson
- executive producer: anita olan