Eurocup Broadcast Package for ESPN
Paint, pencil sketches and cartography connect the teams and countries to create a vibrant, dimensional visual system for ESPN’s UEFA coverage in 2016 and the 2020(1) refresh.
what we did
Back in 2016, creative director Jeremy Cox and team created an opening sequence with a dynamic moving map of Europe, snapshots of competing countries, and CG statues of the world’s top players frozen in action. Over 200 broadcast elements were created in partnership with ESPN’s in-house creative team for the month-long tournament. With the 2020(1) broadcast package refresh, creative director Jens Mebes continued the dynamic gold, painterly aesthetic through the familiar etchings of world maps and statuettes.
This 2016 behind the scenes video takes you through how it all initially came together. Watch below!
- 2016 creative director: jeremy cox
- 2020 creative director: jens mebes
- producer: will arnold
- art director: theo daley
- designers: theo daley, maggie tsao, henry chang, patty wong,
hannah sung, jan nygren, michael cina
- animators: henry chang, sekani solomon, seth minnich, adam tanner,
nathan goodell, ned piyadarakorn, patty wong, hannah sung,
dave rogers, cyprian sadlon, mark thompson, chris vincola, pat arrington
- paint wrangler: max strizich
- systems management/render wrangler: matt carroll
- coordinator: krista templeton
- executive producer: jon hassell
- 2020(1) Refresh
- designer/animator: kiyoon nam, charlie proctor, merrill hall, deandre moore
- producer: ryan burcham
- coordinator: jake kirk