Anne With an "E"
Main Title for Netflix
“It has always seemed to me, ever since early childhood, amid all the commonplaces of life, I was very near to a kingdom of ideal beauty. Between it and me hung only a thin veil. I could never draw it quite aside, but sometimes a wind fluttered it and I caught a glimpse of the enchanting realms beyond-only a glimpse-but those glimpses have always made life worthwhile.” - Anne Shirley
what we did
In collaboration with fine artist Brad Kunkle, we created a title sequence that is a mix of classic oil painting, gold leaf, 3D projection, matte painting, and 2D animation. These many techniques were essential to achieve something that felt truly authentic to Anne. Watch the Behind the Scenes video to learn more about our process combining the fine and digital arts.
- creative director: alan williams
- producer: aleen kim
- art director/original paintings: brad kunkle
- designers: alan williams, joash berkeley, veronica liu, yifan hu, max glascott
- animators: chris vincola, max strizich, seth minnich, hogan williams, willie russell
- editor: rachel ambelang
- music: the tragically hip ""ahead by a century"
- coordinator: christine hernandez
- production assistant: michaela forde
- head of production: aleen kim
- executive producer: jon hassell