The Feature Presentation opening for HBO
The classic 1980’s HBO Feature Presentation show open was reimagined to introduce the magic of movie time to a new generation. As an ode to the original, we made sure to keep a hint of analog mixed in with the updated look.
what we did.
Live-action, CG and a new fully orchestrated musical arrangement were combined to create an HBO Feature Presentation for a modern audience. The viewer flies through different living rooms in a city, eventually pulling out to reveal the iconic HBO logo. Each living room scene was crafted on a set and stitched together in post production.
We created a making-of video to capture the whole process.
creative director: dan gregoras
- producer: lisa muñoz
- designers: aaron maurer, ben zylberman
- vfx supervisor: jeremy cox
- cg lead: chris vincola
- 3d modelers: roger an, muzi lee, hannah sung
- 3d animation/tracking artist: joerg liebold
- lighting and texture artists: cody chen, ken lee, chris vincola, roger an
- compositors: tamir sapir, manu gaulot, ken lee, chris vincola, ari reisner
- editor: rachel ambelang
- coordinator: meredith engstrom
- music composition: man made music
- directors of photography: dallas sterling, ki s. hwang
- line producer: adam lawson
- head of production: aleen kim
- executive producer: jon hassell
- hbo head of marketing: chris spadaccini
- hbo vp brand marketing: robert priday
- hbo creative director: alyson bradshaw
- hbo art directors: evan beier, gigi nicolas