Magic Trip main title and interstitials for Alex Gibney and Alison Ellwood
In the 60s, Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters went on a psychedelic-fueled cross country road trip. Luckily, they documented everything. Filmmakers Alex Gibney and Alison Ellwood asked us to design the visual language to accompany their documentary created from that wild footage.
what we did.
Channeling the spirit of Kesey’s first acid trip, paint on film techniques were used to create psychedelic animations for several key sequences.
director: karin fong
- producer: cara mckenney
- art director: jeremy cox
- designers: karin fong, jeremy cox, daniel farah, joey salim, theo daley, lindsey mayer-beug, eve weinberg
- animators: jeremy cox, daniel farah, joey salim, theo daley, leo marthaler
- editors: adam spreng, wesley carrier
- design assistant: andrew chung
- design intern: alex huang
- coordinator: kacie barton
- executive producer: anita olan